Update Aquatic Bedrock Beta
Try new aquatic features on Win 10, Android and Xbox One!
Bedrock players! From today, if you're playing Minecraft on Android, Windows 10 or Xbox One, you can try a beta of the Bedrock Update Aquatic! It'll be launching on these platforms throughout the day so keep checking! This beta includes features like new swimming animations, stripped logs, tridents, Prismarine stairs and slabs and a mysterious new hostile mob that you really don't want to meet on the ocean floor...
If you can't wait to meet this new mob and offer them a big lovely hug (hey, it's your life) then here's how you can access the beta!
First, download the beta for your chosen platform, using this handy guide.
As with all betas, please be sure to back-up your worlds before playing them on a beta build. Remember that beta builds can cause unexpected things to happen in your game, so protect your worlds by always making a backup! Beta players also do not have access to Minecraft Realms and cannot join the games of players who are not on the beta, or have players not on the beta join their worlds.
Once you've downloaded the beta, you'll need to go into Game Settings. You'll see an option to Use Experimental Gameplay. Like in this screenshot here:
Enabling this will allow you to test some of the new, not-yet-fully-released features from the Update Aquatic while keeping them safely inside a world file of their own. These are not all of the Update Aquatic features coming to Minecraft; more features will be introduced in future betas! Please be aware that once you have turned the toggle on, you will not be able to toggle it off as this could cause problems with your world. This world option is not considered a cheat and you can still earn achievements if your world is set-up to allow achievements. These features are incomplete and are not representative of final gameplay but feedback is absolutely welcome! Please keep in mind that using Experimental Gameplay will make your game more unstable, so we recommend to not do anything you want to be permanent in worlds with this feature switched on.
But if you do choose to select this 'Use Experimental Gameplay' option in one of your existing worlds, it creates a new version of this world with 'EX' at the beginning of the name. So if you have problems with the new version of your world with the experimental gameplay features enabled (that's the one with EX in the title), don't panic! You can always go back to the original version of that world.
Enjoy trying out those new Update Aquatic features! Oh and Java players, we haven't forgotten about you – go here to see the latest Snapshot.
Shall we end on the changelog and a gallery of screenshots of what you can expect to find in the beta? Or shall we end on a poem I wrote about how much I like cobblestone? Yikes, let's go with the former:
A handful of features from Update Aquatic have been added to the beta via Experimental Gameplay. These features are incomplete and are not representative of final gameplay but feedback is absolutely welcome!
- Added Drowned mobs
- Added the Trident and new enchantments (Channeling, Loyalty, Riptide and Impaling)
- Added Stripped Wood
- Added Slabs and Stairs for Prismarine, Prismarine Brick, and Dark Prismarine
- Iron Golems no longer spawn when Mob Spawning is disabled
- Rain, smoke particles, and shadows are no longer visible through lava
- Disabling "Visible to LAN Players" for one world no longer disables it for all worlds
- Buttons cloned in a "pressed" state no longer remain pressed forever
- A warning now appears instructing not to close the game when exporting a world
- The power output of Redstone Comparators is no longer lost after a world is converted from Xbox One Edition
- Pick Block no longer replaces the item currently selected in the hotbar if other slots are empty
Fixes for bugs introduced during Beta:
- Increased stability and fixed several crashes
- Abandoned mineshafts no longer generate above ground
- Fixed improper Mushroom Block obtained from giant red mushrooms when using Pick Block
- Tools now work properly and no longer shake in-hand
- Sticky Pistons no longer turn into regular Pistons after being renamed
- Tripwire Hooks once again appear in Jungle Temples
- Players can once again stand on top of ladders
- Mob heads can no longer be duplicated by placing them in water
- Strongholds once again generate with Mossy Stone Brick and Cracked Stone Brick
- The maximum render distance on Xbox One X is once again 22 chunks
- More than one line of text can once again be placed on signs
- The B button no longer has to be pressed twice on the controller to deselect a skin in the Skin Picker
Enjoy the beta!
This beta will be going liveTell us what you think about this beta by tapping on the Feedback button in the main menu or joining the official Minecraft Discord at discord.gg/Minecraft
Block block block...