Update 1.10 (and more!) on console today!
Mobs, blocks, items, mash-up packs, skins, maps!
Are you feeling a bit left because of our recent PC/Mac and Pocket / Windows 10 updates, console kids? Aww. There's no need to be sad. Christmas is just around the corner. And (if you've been well-behaved) Santa might bring you a tangerine or something.
Also... we've just released a big update for all console editions of Minecraft!1!
This one features a wide range of Minecraft goodness from new mobs to fresh status effects. We've also revamped The End - take a visit to that mysterious place after updating and you might find End Cities, End Ships and a complete gamechanger known as Elytra - which will give you a whole new perspective on your world.
Here’s the full changelog:
- New mobs: Shulker, Stray Skeleton, Husk Zombie, Skeleton Trap Horses
- New Blocks: Chorus Flower, Chorus Plant, Dragon Head, End Gateway, End Rod, Purpur Block,
- Purpur Pillar, Purpur Stairs, Purpur Slab
- New Items: Chorus Fruit, Chorus Fruit, Dragons’s Breath, Elytra, End Crystal, Lingering Potion, Water Splash Potion, Popped Chorus Fruit, Potion of Luck, Tipped Arrow; Spruce, Birch, Jungle, Acacia, and Dark Oak boats
- New Status Effects: Levitation, Luck
- The End: significant changes to The End dimension – End Cities, End Ship
- Crafting: UI updated to allow crafting fireworks, similarly to how Banners are crafted
- Brewing: changed to include a slot for Blaze Powder
- Tutorial: new Tutorial world, including tutorials for Banners and Elytra
Alongside all of that excitement, we’ve also released a bunch of new mash-up packs, maps, and skins for each console edition. Click through the illustrative images below for all the info!