Minecraft Snapshot 18w06a
A Minecraft Java Edition snapshot
Todays snapshot brings in a complete rewrite of how world generation works behind the scenes, so that we can do some really cool things with it in the future & speed it up dramatically. It may be quite unstable in this first snapshot though, so as always: do not open worlds you care about in a snapshot without having a backup first. We can almost guarantee that any world opened in this snapshot will not work in the full 1.13 release.
Changes in 18w06a
- Added a recipe book for the furnace
- Rewrote the world generation system
- Added command suggestions for entity selectors
- Allow whitespaces in entity selectors & blockstate arguments
- Added new item & block tags
Furnace recipe book
Now there's a recipe book for the furnace! Exactly like the existing crafting recipe books, you can unlock recipes as you play through the game and they will automatically appear in your recipe book for smelting. Mapmakers can customize the recipes with data packs, which allows them to add or completely change furnace recipes. "Fuel", the items that can be burned in a furnace, is not included in this and is still somewhat hardcoded currently.
We've spent the last few years (yes, years) rewriting the world generator completely from the ground up, and this snapshot finally has the first version that we have some kind of confidence in. It may not be much faster at first, but that's because we're playing it safe and want to just achieve "it works" before "it's fast". It might still be unstable, too, so watch out for that. It's the very first snapshot with it in, after all!
... don't work in this snapshot. Sorry. We have plans to re-add them in a much more extendible way, but unfortunately we were not able to have that ready yet. You will be unable to open any world of type "customized" in this snapshot, it will tell you to revert to an old version to play in those worlds.
It's back how it was. We have shelved the
/modifyitem idea that was supposed to replace
/enchant and we will look into that again in a future update.
- MC-77488 - TAB player list sorts player names based on ASCII values instead of alphabetically
- MC-121641 - Impossible selector combinations don't fail to build
- MC-121644 - Recipe book tab sound plays twice
- MC-121811 - NBT path parser might be too lenient
- MC-121901 - Game crashes when there is closing square bracket without opening in command
- MC-123482 - The 'paintings.json' recipe file does not use the 'minecraft:wool' tag
- MC-124372 - Wrong/weird sorting order in tab-completion
- MC-124635 - Cycling through tab suggestions starts at value after highlighted value even if highlighted value differs from currently chosen value
- MC-124649 - Nether portals can no longer be activated from the side
- MC-124681 - Tab suggestion erroneously suggests second closing square bracket on entity selectors
- MC-124683 - Tab suggestion box for entity selector closing square bracket misaligned in certain situations
- MC-124684 - Tab suggestion box for entity selectors don't disappear when leaving the argument in an invalid state and beginning the next argument
- MC-124695 - Flint and steel in a dispenser loses durability when not igniting
Get the snapshot
Snapshots can corrupt your world, please backup and/or run them in a different folder from your main worlds.
Cross-platform server jar:
Report bugs here:
Block block block...