Minecraft Snapshot 18w05a
A Minecraft Java Edition snapshot
We just moved into a new office this week, so we don't have very much to show you in a new snapshot. That said, have a new snapshot anyway! It has some bug fixes so that's always fun.
Changes in 18w05a
- Added new command
- Added really basic entity selector suggestions in the command UI (
- Updated translations from crowdin
- Fixed bug MC-4923 - Flint and steel and fire charges can place fire at invalid positions
- Fixed bug MC-5037 - Riding a pig / horse with a cape causes it to not behave as expected
- Fixed bug MC-105591 - Flint and Steel loses durability and fire charge is used up even if no fire was placed
- Fixed bug MC-123460 - JSON parsing exceptions thrown during parsing of pack.mcmeta of data and resource packs are not caught properly
- Fixed bug MC-124048 - Tab completing advancement (any?) key with trailing space errors
- Fixed bug MC-124056 - The members/target/targets argument of /scoreboard and /team does not tab-complete player names
- Fixed bug MC-124360 - OS locale is used for /data get feedback text when specifying the scale argument
- Fixed bug MC-124379 - datapacks load functions unreliably
- Fixed bug MC-124384 - Trigger objectives are enabled by default
- Fixed bug MC-124499 - Missing command feedback for successfully triggering trigger
- Fixed bug MC-124616 - /setidletimeout suggests it is in seconds while behaviour is in minutes
This command allows you to create a custom boss bar, change how it looks, and choose who to show it to.
To create a bossbar called
/bossbar create foo:bar "Name of my boss bar".
Then change how it looks using the following commands:
/bossbar set foo:bar name <name>to change the name (for example
"New Name" or
/bossbar set foo:bar color <color>to change the color (for example
/bossbar set foo:bar style <style>to change the style (for example
/bossbar set foo:bar value <value>to change the value (for example
/bossbar set foo:bar max <max>to change the max value (for example
/bossbar set foo:bar visible <visible>to change the visibility (for example
/bossbar set foo:bar players <players>to change who can see it (for example
@a, default none)
You can also store things into bossbars using
/execute store (result|success) bossbar foo:bar (value|max) ...
To remove a bossbar, use
/bossbar remove foo:bar.
Bossbars persist across restarts and leaving/rejoining the world. If a player is added to a boss bar and reconnects, they will be re-added to the bossbar unless a new
set .. players is ran without them in it.
Get the snapshot
Snapshots can corrupt your world, please backup and/or run them in a different folder from your main worlds.
Cross-platform server jar:
Report bugs here: