Minecraft 1.12 Pre-Release 2
One step closer to 1.12!
We're so close to 1.12 now that we feel like it's time for a pre-release! We expect to have at least another pre-release next week, but if all goes well and no critical bugs are found then a full release is fairly imminent!
Changes in 1.12 pre-release 2
- Added new advancements: "A furious cocktail", "Postmortal", "Subspace Bubble", "Uneasy Alliance"
- Advancement trees are now centered in the UI
- Technical: Optimized the recipe book
- Technical: Items & entities in advancements have an extra "nbt" field (string nbt, like in commands)
- Technical: Entities in advancements have an extra "effects" and "location" field
- Technical: Added new "effects_changed", "used_totem", "nether_travel" advancements triggers
- Technical: Removed "commands" from advancement rewards
- Technical: Removed "arbitrary_player_tick" advancement trigger
- Technical: Added "function" to advancement rewards
- Technical: Added new "function" system, plaintext files in
- Technical: Functions are a list of commands, one line per command, with //comment (or #comment) support
- Technical: Added new "/function namespace:file" command
- Technical: Added new gamerule "gameLoopFunction", a function to be executed once per tick
- Technical: Added "hidden" field to advancement display info, defaults to false
- Fixed bug MC-11240 - Ignited TNT can be set on fire by a Flame Bow.
- Fixed bug MC-50166 - Game states that "The block couldn't be placed" when using /setblock to place air in a space occupied by a tile entity, despite working
- Fixed bug MC-95367 - Tamed dog, cat or parrot in a minecart teleports to a player (not visually)
- Fixed bug MC-96555 - Wolves, ocelots and parrots can teleport in all non-full cube blocks near owner including path, lava, fire...
- Fixed bug MC-100468 - Dogs, cats and parrots teleport to player despite being in a boat (yet not visually)
- Fixed bug MC-111699 - Can't rename stacked items
- Fixed bug MC-111744 - Anvil outputs only 1 item when renaming
- Fixed bug MC-113380 - Concrete powder won't turn into concrete when replacing water
- Fixed bug MC-113434 - The color of white wool sheep is light grey
- Fixed bug MC-114235 - Concrete powder texture is not randomly rotated
- Fixed bug MC-114534 - Beacon beam is darker than it should be
- Fixed bug MC-115070 - Issue with crafting table UI on non-16:9 instances
- Fixed bug MC-115206 - Parrots stare at bats over 30 blocks away, through the ground
- Fixed bug MC-115460 - Recipe advancements for yellow dye have reversed unlock conditions
- Fixed bug MC-115813 - Old (non-dyed) beds are invisible
- Fixed bug MC-116024 - Pre-17w15a beds become red if in-world but white in chests
- Fixed bug MC-116459 - Parrots suffocate when getting in a bed with a solid block behind it
- Fixed bug MC-116760 - @a selector doesn't work with the /recipe command in multiplayer
- Fixed bug MC-116945 - Knowledge book gives recipe before removing itself from inventory causing unexpected advancement behavior
- Fixed bug MC-116957 - Advancement doesn't get revoked when /reload is quickly executed afterwards
- Fixed bug MC-116963 - Changing dimension prints debug message in log
- Fixed bug MC-116964 - Parrots sometimes run in circles instead of pathfinding normally.
- Fixed bug MC-117001 - Serious dedication challenge is granted when breaking any tool
- Fixed bug MC-117007 - milk_bucket can't trigger consume_item of advancements
- Fixed bug MC-117008 - Vines under trapdoors block them
- Fixed bug MC-117015 - Glass panes & iron bars no longer connect to glass
- Fixed bug MC-117019 - Tripwire hooks break off of backs and sides of stairs upon receiving a block update
- Fixed bug MC-117036 - 17w18b Crafting book glitch
- Fixed bug MC-117063 - Snow layers on barriers
- Fixed bug MC-117069 - Door in Recipe Book when hold click shows the trapdoor recipe
- Fixed bug MC-117118 - Levers / buttons placed on the trapdoor are dropped if pressed
- Fixed bug MC-117160 - Parrots follow and watch invisible mobs
- Fixed bug MC-117161 - Parrots imitate silent mobs
- Fixed bug MC-117167 - Error message for player advancement data containing only "null" calls advancements "achievements"
- Fixed bug MC-117211 - Crash upon crafting without accessing recipe book first
- Fixed bug MC-117302 - Recipe book GUI is incorrectly placed when resizing window to show / not show overlapping recipe book
- Fixed bug MC-117235 - Items are still placed in crafting grid after one stack reached the maximum stack size invalidating recipe and deleting items
- Added some new bugs!
Please report any and all bugs you find in Minecraft to bugs.mojang.com. If nobody reports a bug, we can't fix it!
To get snapshots, open your launcher and go to the "launch options" tab. Check the box saying "Enable snapshots" and save. To switch between the snapshot and normal version, you can find a new dropdow menu next to the "Play" button. Back up your world first or run the game on in a different folder (In the "launch options" page).
Snapshots can corrupt your world, please backup and/or run them in a different folder from your main worlds.
Cross-platform server jar:
Report bugs here: